Qualification overview and objective
The Highfield Level 3 Award in Education and Training (RQF) has been designed to provide an introduction to teaching for individuals who would like to work or currently work within FE Colleges, Independent Training Providers and/or Local Authorities.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
• Individuals not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than micro teaching, unless units from the Learning and Development suite of qualifications are selected;
• Individuals currently teaching and training, including those new to the profession – although the qualification does not require practice (see explanation above), opportunities may be made available to observe and provide feedback on a trainee teacher’s practice; and
• Individuals currently working as assessors, who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
The objective of the qualification is to support a role in the workplace and prepare learners to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level. The qualification is supported by the Education and Training Foundation.
In order to complete this qualification, learners are required to:
• Be a minimum of 19 years of age.
- Teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment
- The relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training
- Inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Ways to create an inclusive teaching and learning environment.
Venue: Inspire Training Academy, Vadodara, Gujarat,India