This qualification has been developed to be suitable for those working in any type of environment as well as those about to start work for the first time.
Topics covered include the roles and responsibilities of a site operative, basic on-site welfare and first aid requirements, safety procedures in the event of a fire, personal protective equipment (PPE) and organisational and legal responsibilities.
Learners who achieve this qualification and wish to progress their careers may wish to consider the following qualifications:
- HABC Level 1 Award in the Principles of Health and Safety in the Workplace
- HABC Level 1 International Award in Safe Moving and Handling
- HABC Level 1 Award in Fire Safety Awareness
- HABC Level 2 Award in Health and Safety in the Workplace
- HABC Level 2 Award in Fire Safety
Guidance on assessment
The qualification is assessed by multiple-choice question (MCQ) examination. The examination for this qualification contains 16 questions that must be completed within 30 minutes. Successful learners must achieve a minimum pass mark of 10 correct answers (60%). Learners who achieve a pass mark of 13 or above correct answers (80%) will be awarded a merit.
Duration: 3 Hours(Half Day)
Venue: Inspire Training Academy, Vadodara, Gujarat,India